Investing.com – Stocks in focus in premarket trading on Friday:
• Nordstrom (NYSE:) stock jumped 9% in premarket trade by 8:20 AM ET (13:20 GMT) after the retailer beat its top- and bottom-line forecasts. It also raised its 2019 guidance, narrowing its earnings expectations to between $3.30 a share and $3.50 a share.
• Tesla (NASDAQ:) stock fell 3.5% after a demonstration of its new ‘Cybertruck’ showed that its supposedly bulletproof glass was easily damaged.
• Pure Storage (NYSE:) stock slumped 21% after the data-storage company posted disappointing results and lowered its full-year forecast.
• Splunk (NASDAQ:) stock rose 7.4% after a strong quarter that led it to raise its fourth-quarter and fiscal year 2020 revenue forecasts.
• Ross Stores (NASDAQ:) stock gained 1.1% after a strong third-quarter in which same-store sales came in above predictions. The retailer also increased its fiscal 2020 earnings forecast.
• Williams-Sonoma (NYSE:) stock tumbled 5.1% after its same-store sales fell 2.1%, more than the 1% drop expected.
Fusion Media or anyone involved with Fusion Media will not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information including data, quotes, charts and buy/sell signals contained within this website. Please be fully informed regarding the risks and costs associated with trading the financial markets, it is one of the riskiest investment forms possible.