Investing.com – Stocks pushed higher Tuesday as President Donald Trump spoke to the New York Economic Club, but were off their highs in the afternoon.
- Trump’s speech was a rousing defense of his presidency, along with a full-throated round of bashing the Federal Reserve. But all he would say about the U.S.-China trade talks was that a deal could be close.
- The was up 0.33% at 1:20 PM ET (18:20 GMT). The added 0.13% and the added 0.46%. The , dominated by Big Tech, was up 0.49%.
- The S&P 500, Nasdaq and hit new intraday highs before pulling back slightly.
- Walt Disney (NYSE:), Merck (NYSE:), Microsoft (NASDAQ:), and Cisco Systems (NASDAQ:) were among the leaders. Facebook (NASDAQ:), Starbucks (NASDAQ:) and Advanced Micro Devices (NASDAQ:) were among the leaders.
- Healthcare, communication services and technology were the strongest sectors, with real estate and energy the weakest. was higher. Interest rates were off slightly.
Fusion Media or anyone involved with Fusion Media will not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information including data, quotes, charts and buy/sell signals contained within this website. Please be fully informed regarding the risks and costs associated with trading the financial markets, it is one of the riskiest investment forms possible.