(Reuters) – T-Mobile US Inc (O:) said on Monday Chief Executive Officer John Legere will step down on April 30 and Chief Operating Officer Mike Sievert will take over.
The third largest U.S. wireless carrier is currently locked in a lengthy battle to close its merger with smaller carrier Sprint Corp (N:).
WeWork, which has started a search for a new chief executive following the departure of co-founder Adam Neumann, has been in talks Legere, Reuters and other media outlets reported last week.
“I’m not going anywhere soon,” Legere said in a tweet https://twitter.com/JohnLegere/status/1196421937456500736 on Monday.
“This is all part of a multi-year plan and until April 30, I’ll continue as CEO, focusing on a smooth transition and getting our merger with Sprint done for America.”
Shares of T-Mobile fell about 2% in premarket trading.
Fusion Media or anyone involved with Fusion Media will not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information including data, quotes, charts and buy/sell signals contained within this website. Please be fully informed regarding the risks and costs associated with trading the financial markets, it is one of the riskiest investment forms possible.